Old Stone Fort 1885


This file appears in: The Fredonian Rebellion and the Old Stone Fort
Old Stone Fort 1885

Built in 1779, the Old Stone Fort served several purposes during its existence including as headquarters for the leaders of the Fredonian Rebellion. During the Civil War the fort was used as a barracks for Confederate soldiers. By the end of the century the structure had become a saloon and qualified as an eyesore for many residents of Nacogdoches. The Old Stone Fort was finally demolished in 1902.


This file appears in: The Fredonian Rebellion and the Old Stone Fort