Oilman and Huntsville native Robert A. Josey donated funding for the construction of this log structure in 1933. Additional funding was obtained from the federal government's Civil Works Administration (CWA), and Gibbs Brothers and Company donated the logs and rock for the lodge; the building was dedicated in 1934. The structure's native pine logs form five rooms, and petrified stone hearths and mantles adorn its three fireplaces. The lodge has hosted countless community meetings and programs and continues today to serve the Boy Scout programs of the Huntsville area. The lodge was recorded as a Texas Historic Landmark in 2010.