Bath Cemetery

Bath Cemetery, near Union Hill Church, was established in the 1870s. The earliest recorded burila is that of William Arnold in 1877. The burial ground has served the Bath Community, locally called Possum Walk, since that time, and area residents and descendants of settlers continue to maintain the property. Bath Cemetery is shaded by trees planted more than 100 years ago, and the community's history can be found in the Cemetery's markers, inscribed with the names of teachers, veterans, ministers, postmasters and other early Bath residents.

Cite this Page:

Texas Historical Marker, “Bath Cemetery,” East Texas History, accessed June 25, 2017, http://easttexashistory.org/items/show/227.

Share this Story